How to Correctly Use a Prosthesis
1) First, to what extent after a removal can a prosthesis be introduced?
On the off chance that, while evacuating the fastens after a removal medical procedure, the injury recuperates well, and there is no irritation or edema, an amputee can think about introducing a prosthesis.
2) Second, what should prosthesis clients focus on?
Lower leg amputees should concentrate on reinforcing the flexion and augmentation of the knee muscles, and particularly the muscle quality of the extensor (quadriceps). This will help lower leg amputees walk powerfully when wearing a prosthesis. Prosthesis clients should initially do standing parity preparing, at that point step preparing, trailed by strolling preparing, climbing and dropping stairs preparing, incline preparing, and afterward do other versatile preparing.
For amputees who are utilizing a prosthesis after a removal, here are the accompanying proposals:
1. Keep up a steady weight. Weight increase or misfortune that surpasses a specific range will bring about a prosthetic attachment that is excessively tight or excessively free.
2. Avoid muscle decay of the leftover appendage. The amputee ought to do remaining appendage muscle preparing dependent on direction from a physical advisor.
3. Keep the lingering appendage skin and prosthetic attachment clean, shield the leftover appendage skin from irritation, folliculitis, bubbles, ulcers, dermatitis, hypersensitivities, etc.
Amputees should in every case clean their stump and keep it dry and clean.
4. Shield the prosthesis from huge outer expulsions, impacts and high temperature or moistness, and so on (aside from waterproof prostheses).
5. In the event that you know about variations from the norm when wearing a prosthesis, you ought to quickly quit utilizing it and expeditiously contact a medical clinic. You ought not let any individual handle it or fix it yourself, as this will help maintain a strategic distance from mishaps.
3) Third, arrangement before utilizing a prosthesis.
1. Physical Preparation
(1) Improve the development region of the upper appendage joint to (wipe out contracture) and increment muscle quality.
(2) Enhance the skin quality of the remaining appendage (particularly the weight-bearing skin).
(3) Eliminate edema in the remaining appendage.
(4) Enhance the muscle quality of the sound lower and upper appendages and trunk.
(5) Improve the sentiment of equalization.
2. Mental Preparation
(1) The amputee ought to set up the thought (inspiration) of utilizing a counterfeit appendage to walk or recover objects.
(2) The amputee ought to comprehend the need of and techniques for stump care (to forestall contracture, expanding, scratches and disease).
(3) The amputee ought to comprehend the structure and capacity of prostheses.
(4) The amputee ought to comprehend the need of and techniques for prosthesis upkeep.
(5) The amputee ought to comprehend the preparation methodology, substance and purposes.
4) Fourth, the necessities for prosthesis get together on the remaining appendage.
1. Remaining appendages ought to have the suitable length to guarantee that there is adequate use and great muscle control power (for lower arm or upper arm removal, 1/3 of the center and lower outskirt is better; for lower leg or upper leg removal, 1/3 of the center and lower fringe is better).
2. The remainder joint ought to hold however much of its unique physiological capacity as could be expected, without showing any contracture distortion.
3. The stump ought not have delicacy, bone prods, or neuromas.
4. The lingering appendages ought to have a decent skin condition that is sound and level, with less scar attachment and no ulcers. The skin likewise ought to have suitable portability and
MEDI GLOBAL ASSISTIVE DEVICE CO., LTD is a world chief in the advancement, structure, production and circulation of orthosis,prosthesis, diabetic shoes, pressure garments,wheelchairs, etc.